Friday, October 1, 2010

Run Run


I found this single in my local Salvos store.

I have not been able to find out a single thing about this band at all.

The single was engineered in 1986 by John Ertler and produced by Murray Burns of MiSex fame.

I have spoken to John Ertler and he remembers recording the single but can't recall the band at all.

It's a 45 single and labelled Promotion Only - Not For Sale.

I am almost convinced that this single was never actually released.

If anyone has any further information on either this band or recording can you please contact me?



The members of Run Run were :-

Tony Gibson - Lead Vocals / Keyboards
Richard Fulton - Bass / Guitar / Vocals
Barry Hayes - Drums / Vocals

The tracks are : -

A/  Is This The Way
B/  Is This The Way (extended mix)

Vinyl rip / Full artwork / 320kbps MP3 format

Run Run

2 comments:

  1. Hi there - thanks for keeping the music alive on your great site!

    In the early 80s Tony Gibson and Barry had a band called "Thanks Mate" and played support around Sydney, mainly at Northern Beaches venues. Thie rest of the line up changed regularly, and this looks like one of several attempts they made at taking things to the next level.

    When last heard of (about 1989) Tony was working in the warehose at Roland keyboards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alcibiades ... thanks for the info on this. I have tried everywhere to get further background on this band but with zero success. If you know any of the guys I'd love their input. cheers... GruntRat

    ReplyDelete